with Michèle Phillips
What to bring & wear
• Please bring a yoga mat if you have one, a cosy blanket
and maybe a small pillow or cushion for your head during
• Wear comfortable clothes that will move with your body
• Ideally come on an empty stomach
• Be prepared to work with bare feet
• Please arrive 10 minutes early for your first class
• A bottle of water may be required
Class Etiquette & Guidelines
• Let the teacher know of any new injuries or health issues
prior to the class
• Arrive with plenty of time to park, lay out your mat, remove
any layers and settle yourself
• Be prepared to make space for others as they arrive
before the class begins, i.e. moving your mat or other
• If you arrive late or need to leave early, be as quiet as
possible, assisting any doors to close quietly
• Either leave phones at home or turn to silent so as not to
disturb other students
• Keep jewellery to a minimum. Necklaces especially can
be awkward in upside down poses!
• Do ask if you are unsure of your posture or ask for help if
you are uncomfortable.
• Work at your own pace, yoga is non-competitive, don’t
even compete with yourself!
• Please return any props borrowed during the class
• Equally embrace and enjoy the postures you can do easily
and those that are more challenging
• Relax and have fun
Your Yoga classes are designed for men and women
of all ages and all abilities. Everybody practices at
his or her own level, and within his or her personal
range of comfort. The classes are friendly and fun.
During the class the golden rule is ‘No Pain, No Pain’.
If something hurts, it’s a sign to ease off, don’t push
beyond your limits and ask for help.
Your Yoga classes apply modern techniques to the
ancient wisdom of Hatha Yoga. In each class we
gradually mobilise joints, wake up our bodies, and use
a sequence of standing postures to develop core
strength and flexibility that will help us in our daily lives.
Throughout, we are learning to listen to our own
bodies, to accept and be kind to ourselves. My aim is
that you leave my classes relaxed, yet invigorated.
About the Classes
“Each morning we are born again.
What we do today is what matters most.”
Website design by Hayley Willmott - www.onetwotwodesign.co.uk